Wednesday, August 01, 2007

New gloves

The Trek Waterloo Classic Crochet Gloves I ordered to replace the Trico Handshock 1000 Gloves that have worn out aren't working. The padding is insufficient to keep my fingers from going numb on even my short commute into work. And since the Trico gloves aren't being manufactured anymore I'm pretty much out of luck looking for a crochet-back glove that will serve my purposes. I picked up a $30 pair of Trek Moby Gel Gloves hoping that they will work. I don't like the way they feel on my hands but if they solve the numbness problems I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

If not, the next step is the replacement of my grips and shifters. I'm thinking of Ergon GR2 Comfort Grips and SRAM Gripshifters (or something similar). What I've been reading highly recommends the Ergon grips. I'm just disappointed that I may need to spend over $100 for lack of an $18 pair of gloves.

No comments: