Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hemorrhaging

Over the weekend I noticed that one of my car tires (right front) had suddenly gotten dramatically worn. My alignment must have gotten out of whack somehow and the tire was worn down to the cables.

That cost $271 to fix on Saturday.

Today on the drive home from work, I noticed a thunking sound in the front. Since the car just had those tires replaced and the alignment done, I figured I should take it back to the same guys. They declared that the axle mount (left front) had broken. That's going to cost me $228 to repair.

When I walked in the door of my house, I heard a clicking noise. It was the death rattle of my KVM switch. I hooked up an old replacement which can't handle my USB optical mouse and makes my display very fuzzy, so I'll need to go and get a replacement for that.

And don't forget the hundreds of dollars in dental work over the past few weeks.

Bah!

No comments: