Friday, July 20, 2007

Followup import

It's not unusual for me to get calls from recruiters based on my resume that they found on the Internet. The vast majority of the time, however, they are not offering me anything I am interested in. Mostly, it's contract work and I'm not willing to take the chance on a few months and the possibility of it going longer. Very often, they are offering less money than I am making now (and even that is less than what I'm worth).

I get enough of them that all come to nothing that I sometimes don't follow up on the call left on the machine. Thankfully, I was prodded not to ignore this one.

It's nothing spectacular; a single day of work for a company that is moving to Pittsburgh and needs 150 servers taken out of boxes and hooked up. I'll be employed by a Technical Services Company who may be calling me from time to time for spur-of-the-moment jobs such as this. For the job Saturday they guarantee 4 hours of work but expect that it will go 6 to 8 hours at $20 an hour.

I sent in all my paperwork today and should be working tomorrow. It'll be good to get my hands on some hardware and refresh my skill set, earn some extra money and pad-out my resume.

No comments: