Thursday, March 15, 2007

Secrets of the Workplace

The resubmission of my request for Friday off was approved on the condition that I keep it a secret. You see, that's how businesses work. If someone were to find out that I got Friday off then, well, that wouldn't be fair for me to get a day off when everyone else's request was rejected.

Don't make me laugh. This is never about fairness. It's about dissent.

When a new employee who was getting $10.00 an hour learned that people who were even newer were getting $11.00 he made a stink. Instead of addressing that inequity, the Corporate Overlords decided to repost the job on Monster.com without the pay rate. This didn't solve the problem but it did prevent anyone else from finding out about it so that the undercurrent of dissatisfaction did not spread.

I could go on about it and how many times I've gotten in trouble because I couldn't keep my mouth shut but I have to get some sleep so that I can take advantage of my secret day off and drive to Cincinnati.

No comments: