Monday, February 05, 2007

The Big Chill

I didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed at a reasonable time (about 10:30) and had reasonably normal dreams (Daleks at the Battle of Gettysburg with me in the role of The Doctor) but at about 1:30 in the morning I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. For as cold as it was outside, I felt uncomfortably warm. Perhaps it was the furnace pump kicking on more often that usual trying to keep the house warm kept me from sleeping.

I gave up trying to sleep at a little after four in the morning. Got dressed, putzed on the computer for a while and then went to work.

The temperature was -1F and the wind chill was -20F for my bike ride in to work. It was only a short ride but even with the multiple layers I had, it was pretty brutal. My core temperature was OK but by the end of it, my fingers were burning from the cold. I'm glad I don't have to do this all the time and the temperature should be back up into the balmy 20s by Wednesday.

No comments: