Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Virtual Promotion

I received an email invitation to join a demo of a new password reset utility. Actually, it was not an actual invitation but an email to someone else at Second Level Support and CCd to me indicating that they should invite me to this demo.

In any case, there were two interesting things in the email that had
nothing to do with passwords, demos or invitations. The first is that three analysts were listed as "Trainers", which shows me that the Help Desk now needs three people to do the job that I once did. The other thing is that my title is apparently now "Advanced Level Analyst" instead of just being "Analyst." Oooh. Ahhhh. They think enough about me to give me a more impressive title but not enough to give me a raise. I also note that I am on the list with trainers and yet I am an exile, completely isolated from the training process.

What's the point in that?

No comments: