Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Job offer

I received a call from a headhunter representing a law firm who said that she found my resume on the internet and said that my experience was exactly what they were looking for to fill a help desk coordinator position.

Unfortunately, the job is in San Francisco.

Just to survive San Francisco's cost of living I would have to make at least twice what I'm making now (or rather, what I should be making). And, in calling them back, it turns out that is pretty much the offer. But they wouldn't cover my move and probably not the flight out for the interview. And it's also a three month contract to perm position. It's not that I'm even remotely in a position to take that sort of chance in a move to San Francisco but it's encouraging to know that people can look at my resume and think I'm worth something.

No comments: