Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Take a bite out of crime

"How can I help. . . oh, it's you."

It doesn't sound like a flattering greeting but this is the response I got from the officer at the Squirrel Hill station when I walked in to report that my car had yet again been vandalized at the lot at the end of the Eliza Furnace Trail. This time, like another commuter a week and a half ago, it was toothpaste instead of the previous grease.

So, I guess vandal season has opened early this year. Last year the first attack was in April or May. I didn't pay attention because I thought it was a one-off. Then they came with a much greater regularity: June 3rd, July 8th, July 27th and August 18th.

Last year, I had made much noise about getting a game camera to capture the vandal in the act but nothing came of it. The attacks ended and I spent my money on other things. I've had enough and am going to get a camera. This week. A little bit of camouflage and a steel cable to keep it from being stolen should it be discovered and I have a plan.

Minty justice.

No comments: