Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cleanliness is next to harassment

I stand accused of not washing my hands. It seems that some Bank employee witnessed me leaving the restroom without my having washed my hands. He complained up the chain of command and it came back down from my manager's manager's manager that I was violating some sort of health code. I looked it up; there is no such code. I called the City, County and State health departments and they confirmed that the handwashing codes only apply to food service.

The last time I checked, Information Technology has nothing to do with food.

Yet, because a client complained I have received an official verbal reprimand for violating a law that doesn't exist.

I have asked if there is some sort of policy within the Bank or The Corporation that applies. I doubt it.

And this isn't the first time this has happened. I looked in my records and this happened December 1st of 2003. At the time, the Site Manager just said, "This has been reported", I told him it was bullshit and that was the end of it. This time I don't think things are going to go so well because this was made official with the Operations Manager and my Team Lead all in attendance and the statement being read off the e-mail.

They didn't even ask if it was true.

No comments: