Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Engrish

I had sent an email to Bulk Register about my plight with MongoHosting and received a blank automated response. I'm used to automated responses but usually they have some sort of "We have received your service request" but, because this one was blank, I wanted to be sure they got it. I signed on to their realtime chat:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Domain Support'

Domain Support: Thank you for contacting BulkRegister's non-member support. How may I help you today?

Der Geis: I sent an e-mail with lots of detail earlier today and got a blank response. I just wanted to be sure it went through. Look for the e-mail address **********.

Domain Support: Sir may i know to which mail id you have send the mail?


My guess is that Bulk Hosting has farmed out their online support overseas. Probably to India. That's where all the support jobs seem to be going. I'm not impressed.

Der Geis: If you mean the reference number attached to the reply description line, it has -**.*******

Domain Support: Sir please send them mail again you will surely get reply from them

Der Geis: By "them" do you mean domainsupport@bulkregister.com?


So I sent the message again hoping that the person addressing this issue is able to read my English. The way I write isn't bad, per se, but it does have some pecular mannarisms and phrases, a relic of my growing up on H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Robert Heinlein, Ray Bradburry and Isaac Asimov.

No comments: