Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chocolate Invaders

Several weeks ago, I found bugs in my Nesquik chocolate milk mix. I was upset to have my chocolate infested like that and thought it a random occurrence. Perhaps I hadn't put the lid on tight. I threw it away and the cabinet was cleaned out. No additional insects were found.

Today, I opened a replacement container and found another insect. The seal had been broken only a few days ago.
The interloper is about 1/16" long. I was only able to find the one.

Emptying the cabinet completely and a careful examination of all the food found that the insects had gotten into some spaghetti and other noodles. Most everything was in jars, ziplocks or other sealed containers but the boxes that the pasta was contained was vulnerable.

I will not abandon my chocolate milk but the crappyness of the container produced by Nestle means that I will now have to transfer the contents to a truly sealable container after opening.

No comments: