Thursday, April 06, 2006

Taking credit where credit isn't due.

We'd been really busy all day, starting with a server outage that lasted most of the morning. This afternoon, there was a little bit of a queue in the phone system, after which Team Lead D**** sent the following message:

not to worry everyone.............I cleared the queue for you.....you're welcome
Hmmmm, I looked at the number of calls I had taken so far for the day; 72, and compared it to the number of calls he had taken; 0. According to the ticket generation system, he had not generated any tickets at all. Not one. Yet he felt comfortable in announcing to the entire Help Desk that HE had cleared the queue.

I've also noticed a new addition to his repertoire. When the queue climbs a little bit and he thinks that too many people are not available or taking calls, he says "You're killing me." Sorry, but I don't think it quite reaches the level of life threatening.

And by the end of the day, my call total was 88. Not a record (I have cleared over 100 calls on two occasions) but one of the highest. Working that hard for what I'm making, now that's killing me.

No comments: