Friday, March 18, 2005

Red shifting in place.

When I got home yesterday, there was a message on the answering machine. A job that I've been looking for and sent my resume in for several months ago looks like it may begin to pan out.

Now, at this point I will continue my policy of not identifying my employer by referring to this possible future employer as "The School."

I was very happy and my mood was pretty high all day, even though fate conspired to bring me down. The button on my pants popped off. The battery in my watch is going and I lost an hour somewhere. Someone greased the door handles on my car while it sat in the parking area. The new timecard procedures for my Corporate Overlords is a pain.

But, I got a call from The School and after a short discussion with the person there I am tentatively scheduled for a full interview in a week and a half.

I hate to get my hopes up but I can already feel myself getting ready to go.

No comments: