Monday, January 17, 2005

0 for 3

Just got an email from our Corporate Overlords:

Dear Valued Employee,

Despite a great deal of care and diligence to ensure accuracy in the first payroll completed through Pomeroy's HR department, we have discovered that your compensation
was not accurately calculated. Corrective steps are being taken as follows:

401k Deduction
The 401k deduction taken was a small percentage of what you had elected. The amount deducted was the dollar amount equivalent to percentage you elected. For example, if you elected to deduct 5.0%, only $5.00 was deducted. The difference between the amount deducted and the correct deduction has been calculated and will be withheld in the next pay period.


So, I forgot to mention that I was screwed for Christmas as well. My paycheck came with the Christmas holiday pay but the very next day the holiday pay was deducted from my account because I was sick on Thursday and took the day off. The policy is that if you take off the day before or the day after the holiday, you don't get the holiday pay. The "official" holiday for The Company was the Friday because Christmas itself was on a Saturday. So, even though I came in sick to work on Friday, the "official" holiday, I didn't get the holiday.

And then, to add insult to that injury, The second, revised paycheck re-submitted the PTO I used for my sick day, taking essentially another 8 hours of compensation away from me.

I suppose it could be worse. One of my coworkers isn't scheduled for Thursdays because he works on Saturdays. He never had a chance at holiday pay for Christmas. The only thing the Corporate Overlords would offer him was the opportunity to work on a day he wasn't normally scheduled.

Oh yea, we're off to a rousing start.

No comments: